Important Update Regarding School Admissions
Our main goal during these unusual times is the health and safety of our families, keeping you connected and informed as we work together through every challenge.
Acceptance and Waitlist Info
- Acceptance and Waitlist emails were sent out on March 13, 2020, at 3:00 pm for all applications received through March 12, 2020.
- Instructions as to the next steps are contained in the acceptance and waitlist email. Those with an Acceptance email must respond within a specific time frame.
Power School Info
- The emails are coming from Genesis Innovation Academy. Please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see your email. Also, check Promotions and Updates if you have a Gmail email address.
- Acceptance and Waitlist notifications for applications received after March 12, 2020, will be emailed out approximately every two weeks.
- Due to the COVID-19 circumstances, our campus is closed until further notice. All tours and information sessions are suspended.
Who Can Apply
Genesis is a statewide school. Any student in the state of Georgia entering grades K-9 can apply to Genesis for the 2020-2021 school year. Genesis will add a grade each year until the school is K-12.
Genesis is a free, public school. Although no tuition is required, Genesis has uniforms and uniform purchase is required.
Any student in good disciplinary standing can apply. Students serving a suspension or an expulsion in another school or system are not eligible.
Children of Staff and Board of Directors are given priority in admissions. Siblings of any students admitted to either the Boys or Girls Academy are also given priority.
Admissions Lottery (For applications received by February 28, 2020):
All Applications received by midnight February 28, 2020 will be eligible for our Admissions Lottery.
The lottery will be open to the public; it will be held at the Genesis Campus on Friday, March 6, 2020, at 5:00 pm.
Upon conclusion and verification of the lottery results, individuals will be notified of their status (admission or waitlist) via email by March 13, 2020.
Note: Notifications will be sent to the email address entered on the application form. We are not responsible for notifications that bounce back because of incorrect email addresses. (please see special email notes below).
Accepted families must officially claim their seat online. Instructions will be included in the Acceptance email.
Once accepted families claim their seat they will receive an email containing a link to the Registration documents. This link to the Registration portal is sent via email within two to three business days. If you do not receive your Registration email after two business days, please notify our admissions office.
Completed Registration Documents are due from Accepted families by the date listed in the Registration email.
Families who do not submit their registration documents by the due date specified in the Registration email will forfeit their seat and that seat will be offered to the next applicant on the waitlist.
Admissions Applications received after February 28, 2020:
All Applications received after our February 28, 2020, priority deadline will be added to the waitlist on a first come first serve basis.
Wait listed applicants will receive an acceptance letter via email when and if a slot becomes available.
Families will be given three (3) business days to claim their seat. If there is no response, that family will forfeit their seat and the seat will be offered to the next applicant on the waitlist.
Once accepted families claim their seat they will still be required to complete the registration paperwork. Accepted families will receive an email containing a link to the Registration documents after they claim their seat.
Completed Registration Documents are due 2 weeks from the date that families receive the Registration notification email.
Families who miss the two-week registration deadline will forfeit their spot and that seat will be offered to the next applicant on the waitlist.
Note: For any applicant who is accepted after July 12, 2020, the registration packet is due within 3 business days from the date of notification.
No computer, No problem
All Applications are to be completed online. Persons needing access to a computer to complete the application may use a computer on the Genesis Campus, located at 1049 Custer Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30316. Computers will be available on school days during the enrollment period between the hours of 8:30am – 2:00pm. Computer assistance will be available to complete the online application, if needed.
Please call ahead to request your use of the Computer resources. 404-990-3844.
Parents Please Note:
(1) We strongly recommend that you do not do your application on a phone due to the high probability of making a mistake selecting certain fields.
(2) Each applicant should review your application very carefully before submitting and be sure to download a copy of your submission.
(3) Genesis is not responsible for incorrect data entered on your application. Incorrect information could result in your scholar not getting placed in the correct academy or grade.
Special Notice Regarding Email Communication
All communication is done via email. We will use the email address submitted during the application process. We are not responsible for notifications that bounce back because of incorrect email addresses. Please be sure to check spam and junk folders as well as other Gmail specific tabs such as ‘promotions’ or ‘updates’.