Genesis seeks high-effort, high character individuals to join its Innovation Fellowship program. Fellows use their gifts and talents to foster innovation in school operations, classroom instruction, extra-curricular programming, and in scholar-driven problem-solving. Fellows report to Academy leadership who then assigns them to support faculty/staff based on need and the fellow’s interests and skill set.
The ideal candidate is a soon to be college graduate, recently retired professional, or career changer committed to giving back one school year to make a difference in the lives of urban students in need.
Fellows will support innovation in the following domains:
- Classroom Instruction: Assist faculty in preparing activities, projects, labs, simulations, etc. that challenge scholars to apply core subjects to Genesis E5 disciplines (Engineering & Computing, Economics, Ethics, Expression, Entrepreneurship); develop novel assessments and data tracking systems that effectively gauge scholar mastery of applied work and critical thinking
- Scholar Thinking and Problem Solving: Coach scholars on mastering the meaningful, innovative application of core subjects in various contexts (projects, real-world scenarios, experiments, etc.); monitor scholar performance and use analysis of collected data to target coaching
- Extra-curricular Programming: Promote school and scholar innovation in areas such as student government, peer discipline councils, athletics and clubs, and after-school programming by developing strategic plans, collecting and analyzing data, and coaching scholars on effective, proactive, and increasingly independent implementation.
- Operations: Help drive school innovation in areas such as marketing, fundraising, stakeholder relations, human resources/talent development, general logistics, and especially the use of data and technology to enhance overall school productivity and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- High achievement (3.0-grade average or evidence of professional excellence)
- High comfort level with technology and the use of data
- Experience working with urban populations
Fellows will receive:
- Salary of $20,000 plus benefits (including health-care)
- Performance and attendance-based bonus of up to $5,000
The Genesis Commitment to Staff
Staff members are highly valued for the support they provide to the overall mission and the instructional program. We view staff as professionals who are fully capable of independent action. Genesis commits to a collaborative process for developing individualized support and coaching plans. We prioritize respectful scholar-peer and scholar-staff interaction.