Bookkeeper (Central Admin)
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Bookkeeper will perform duties associated with ensuring the school stays on budget, manages accounts payables and receivables in a secure and timely manner, and maintains secure and accurate records of financial transactions. The Head of Schools and Operations Manager review work periodically for accuracy and compliance with policy and procedures.
- Ensure internal compliance with federal and state laws and established policies and procedures related to financial transactions and record keeping
- Manage procurement, and accounts payables and accounts receivables for all school accounts
- Record and track financial transactions in established accounting system, in accordance with designated chart of accounts
- Receive and respond to written and phone inquiries from vendors, parents, staff and/or others related to financial transactions
- Process payroll and oversee general benefits administration.
- Securely manage receipt of cash, checks, and vouchers, and the associated bank deposits
- Prepare checks requests and invoices for review and, upon approval, processes check runs
- Manage the inventory and control system for equipment purchases
- Assist in month end close including identifying necessary accruals.
- Monitor cash flow and forecast cash needs
- Provide information and assistance to internal and external auditors upon request
- Foster positive working relationships between the vendors and school staff.
- Associate’s degree in field (or related field)
- Excellent computational, organizational, planning, and communication skills
- Commitment to accuracy in calculations, data entry, and record keeping
- Experience with bookkeeping or managing financial processes in a school setting
- Knowledge of payroll processing
- Demonstrated ability in using financial/accounting software.
The Genesis Commitment to Staff
Staff members are highly valued for the support they provide to the overall mission and the instructional program. We view staff as professionals who are fully capable of independent action. Genesis commits to a collaborative process for developing individualized support and coaching plans. We prioritize respectful scholar-peer and scholar-staff interaction.