Talented and Gifted Teacher
Science faculty will develop and execute instructional plans that facilitate scholar mastery of science standards. The Genesis E5 model supports greater possibilities. Faculty should challenge scholars to investigate the use of science to Engineer solutions to complex, real-world problems (especially in the areas of human and environmental health). This should result in scholars who understand science as a tool that is personally and practically relevant on a continuing basis.
GIRLS’ ACADEMY teachers should be creative self-starters who are committed to creating an environment in which our girls can become empowered, accomplished young women they were meant to be.
BOYS’ ACADEMY teachers should be creative self-starters who embrace and appreciate the energy of middle school boys, and who are committed to helping develop strong, scholarly young men of character and discipline.
- Assist gifted/talented coordinator, in the identification of gifted students.
- Develop and implement flexible, individualized, enriching instructional plans appropriate for nurturing group interaction and meeting individual gifted student's needs
- Create an environment in which the gifted can use their strengths, explore their personal and interpersonal development, risk new areas of thought and action, and feel challenged.
- Integrate knowledge and understanding of the cognitive, social, and emotional characteristics and needs of gifted students into instruction
- Serve as a resource person for the classroom teachers, providing materials, methods, and ideas to ensure appropriate educational experiences for gifted students in the regular classroom.
- In cooperation with the regular classroom teacher, provides direct instruction to identified gifted students.
- Work in conjunction with regular classroom teachers to provide instruction in higher-level thinking, risk-taking skills, and problem-solving skills for all students.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, and school and gifted program policy
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Gifted Endorsement Certification
- Working knowledge of Talented and Gifted best practices, rules, and procedures related to identification and instructional delivery
The Genesis Commitment to Staff
Staff members are highly valued for the support they provide to the overall mission and the instructional program. We view staff as professionals who are fully capable of independent action. Genesis commits to a collaborative process for developing individualized support and coaching plans. We prioritize respectful scholar-peer and scholar-staff interaction.