(Grades K-5) Elementary Teacher with interest in STEM
STEM-focused K-5 teachers will deliver instruction that helps young scholars become critical thinkers and innovative problem solvers. Movement and play will be learning tools. Teachers will inspire learning by facilitating investigation and discovery in science, technology, engineering, and/or math. Teachers will primarily plan in their focus area and access team member plans in non-focus areas.
GIRLS’ ACADEMY teachers should be creative self-starters who are committed to creating an environment in which our girls can become empowered, accomplished young women they were meant to be.
BOYS’ ACADEMY teachers should be creative self-starters who embrace and appreciate the energy of elementary schoolboys, and who are committed to helping develop strong, scholarly young men of character and discipline.
In collaboration with instructional team faculty members will:
- Create/revise long-term plans: curriculum maps, scope and sequence plans, pacing guides, etc.
- Develop and execute unit and lesson plans to ensure scholar mastery of standards
- Differentiate instruction to support diverse learners and meet IEP and SST expectations
- Ensure scholars are continuously engaged in meaningful work aligned with the Genesis E5 model
- Assess scholar progress daily to drive strategic changes to curriculum and instruction
- Implement school-wide behavior support process to create a positive learning environment
- Communicate proactively and effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Participate in an annual two-week summer orientation and training
- Participate in grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Bachelor’s degree in field OR Certification in the field
- Excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills
- Proven track-record of raising scholar achievement
- Passion for working with scholars in extra-curricular activities
- High comfort level with technology and use of data
- Evidence of creating learning environments that engage K-4 scholars
- Experience working with urban populations and with girls/boys in a developmental role
The Genesis Commitment to Staff
Staff members are highly valued for the support they provide to the overall mission and the instructional program. We view staff as professionals who are fully capable of independent action. Genesis commits to a collaborative process for developing individualized support and coaching plans. We prioritize respectful scholar-peer and scholar-staff interaction.