AP Math Teacher
Science faculty will develop and execute instructional plans that facilitate scholar mastery of science standards. The Genesis E5 model supports greater possibilities. Faculty should challenge scholars to investigate the use of science to Engineer solutions to complex, real-world problems (especially in the areas of human and environmental health). This should result in scholars who understand science as a tool that is personally and practically relevant on a continuing basis.
GIRLS’ ACADEMY teachers should be creative self-starters who are committed to creating an environment in which our girls can become empowered, accomplished young women they were meant to be.
BOYS’ ACADEMY teachers should be creative self-starters who embrace and appreciate the energy of middle school boys, and who are committed to helping develop strong, scholarly young men of character and discipline.
In collaboration with instructional team, faculty members will
- Create/revise long-term plans: curriculum maps, scope and sequence plans, pacing guides, etc.
- Develop and execute unit and lesson plans to ensure scholar mastery of standards
- Differentiate instruction to support diverse learners and meet IEP and SST expectations
- Ensure scholars are continuously engaged in meaningful work aligned with the Genesis E5 model
- Assess scholar progress daily to drive strategic changes to curriculum and instruction
- Implement school-wide behavior support process to create a positive learning environment
- Communicate proactively and effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Participate in an annual two-week summer orientation and training
- Participate in grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, or AP Calculus or Statistics high school course
- Teaching or programmatic experience managing teenagers
- Undergraduate GPA (or major GPA) of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills
- Post-baccalaureate degree, training or credentials is mathematics
- First-hand familiarity with AP Exams and assessment standards
- Working knowledge or coursework in Finance
- Proven track-record of pro-active professional development
- Passion for working with scholars in extra-curricular activities
- High comfort level with use of data and technology to shape/drive instruction
- Experience working with urban populations
The Genesis Commitment to Staff
Staff members are highly valued for the support they provide to the overall mission and the instructional program. We view staff as professionals who are fully capable of independent action. Genesis commits to a collaborative process for developing individualized support and coaching plans. We prioritize respectful scholar-peer and scholar-staff interaction.