Science Teacher - Middle Grades - 9th Grade
Science faculty will develop and execute instructional plans that facilitate scholar mastery of science standards. The Genesis E5 model supports greater possibilities. Faculty should challenge scholars to investigate the use of science to Engineer solutions to complex, real-world problems (especially in the areas of human and environmental health). This should result in scholars who understand science as a tool that is personally and practically relevant on a continuing basis.
GIRLS’ ACADEMY teachers should be creative self-starters who are committed to creating an environment in which our girls can become empowered, accomplished young women they were meant to be.
BOYS’ ACADEMY teachers should be creative self-starters who embrace and appreciate the energy of middle school boys, and who are committed to helping develop strong, scholarly young men of character and discipline.
In collaboration with instructional team, faculty members will:
- Create/revise long-term plans: curriculum maps, scope and sequence plans, pacing guides, etc.
- Develop and execute unit and lesson plans to ensure scholar mastery of standards
- Differentiate instruction to support diverse learners and meet IEP and SST expectations
- Ensure scholars are continuously engaged in meaningful work aligned with the Genesis E5 model
- Assess scholar progress daily to drive strategic changes to curriculum and instruction
- Implement school-wide behavior support process to create a positive learning environment
- Communicate proactively and effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Participate in an annual two-week summer orientation and training
- Participate in grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Bachelor’s degree in field OR Certification in field
- Excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills
- Proven track record of raising scholar achievement
- Passion for working with scholars in extra-curricular activities
- High comfort level with technology and the use of data
- Experience working with urban populations and with boys/girls in a developmental role
The Genesis Commitment to Staff
Staff members are highly valued for the support they provide to the overall mission and the instructional program. We view staff as professionals who are fully capable of independent action. Genesis commits to a collaborative process for developing individualized support and coaching plans. We prioritize respectful scholar-peer and scholar-staff interaction.